"What We Believe" and the "Global Heart Vision"
• = Declaration of Principles
(From Ernest Holmes "What I Believe")
• = Global Heart Vision
(United Centers for Spiritual Living Affirmation of Vision)
• We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause. This One manifests itself in and through all creation but is not absorbed by its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
• We envision the emergence of the Global Heart to balance and guide the further evolution of humanity.
• We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are incarnations of the One Spirit.
• We see a world free of homelessness, violence, war, hunger, separation and disenfranchisement.
• We believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
• We see a world in which there is generous and continuous sharing of heart and resources...
• We believe that Heaven is within us and that we experience it to the degree that we become conscious of it.
…a world in which forgiveness, whether for errors, injustices, or debts, is the norm...
• We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
...a world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature and love through a resurgence of creativity, art, and aesthetics...
• We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
...a world in which fellowship prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience...
• We believe that God is personal to all who feel this Indwelling Presence.
...a world in which we live and grow as One Human Family.
• We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive and spiritual nature of the individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the indwelling God.
• The spiritual community of United Centers for Spiritual Living (UCSL) is united and actuated by this compelling vision of a healthy world, a world experiencing "Global Heart”, and is ardently committed to bringing this vision forth through its ministries and its transformative teaching.
• We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God; and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thought and acts upon it.
• We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of this Mind.
• We believe in the control of conditions through the power of this Mind.
• We envision UCSL as a bridge across the illness and illusion of separation thereby dynamically empowering the vision of Global Heart.
• We believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness, and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
• UCSL is a global community of people pervasively caring for and about each other and the entire human family, thereby bringing the gift of active compassion to the world. Our local churches and communities become "points of inspiration and influence", effectively advancing the vision of Global Heart.
• We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny; for we understand that the life of all is God.